Mini Yoga Retreats – Portugal
with Rachel Lovegrove and Georgia Marnham
In addition to the week long and two week summer retreats, Rachel, assisted in August by her colleague, Georgia Marnham, is now hosting three “mini” retreats each year. These mini yoga retreats take place in March, August and November/December at Monte na Luz, Loule, Portugal. It couldn’t be easier to get away for a short yoga break as Monte na Luz is situated just 25 minutes from Faro airport, which is serviced by many UK and European airports and Lisbon International airport is only 2 hours away. The mini yoga retreats are designed to give students a concentrated few days of Iyengar yoga in the warmth of the Algarve sun, with great food, wonderful company and beautiful surroundings. The yoga course starts on Saturday afternoon and continues until Wednesday morning. Departures are after brunch on Wednesday.
Full Mini Yoga Retreat Programme
- Saturday – arrivals from 1pm onwards. Welcome class at 6pm followed by dinner
- Sunday – morning yoga from 8.30am to 10.30am followed by brunch. Free time until the afternoon session at 5.30pm. Dinner at 7.00pm
- Monday – morning yoga from 8.30am to 10.30am followed by brunch. Free time for massage treatments, trips to the beach, walk to Loule (historical town) or relaxing at Monte na Luz. Evening session at 5.30pm. Dinner at 7.00pm
- Tuesday – morning yoga from 8.30am to 10.30am followed by brunch. Organised historical tour of Faro old town (optional extra). Evening session at 6.00pm. Dinner at 7.30pm
- Wednesday – morning yoga from 8.00am to 10.30am followed by brunch. Departures any time – late departures are fine and you can arrange to stay over for an additional fee if you flight departs the next day.
Prices & Booking
- Single room private bathroom – single occupancy is charged at 750€
- Shared room private bathroom – for friends or couples travelling together – 600€ per person
- Prices include 4 night stay, 4 evening meals and 4 brunch meals plus the complete course of yoga with Rachel (March & November/December) or Georgia (August only)
- Flights, transfers, massage treatments and other excursion costs are not included
Next Available Date and How to Book
The next available date is 19th to 23rd August 2017 with Georgia Marnham and we have places available.
Georgia Marnham is a qualified Iyengar Yoga teacher with broad experience, having practised Iyengar Yoga for 25 years, and taught in Australia, England, Sri Lanka, South Africa and Brazil. She has studied with many senior teachers from various countries and also went regularly to the RMYI in Pune, India, where the Iyengar family live and teach. Georgia uses a clear and calm style of teaching with an emphasis on poses that reflect the individual needs of each student. She has three children and practised yoga through all pregnancies.
You can fill out the online booking form here and then we will send you an invoice for the non-refundable deposit which must be paid to secure your booking. You can then pay the balance in cash on arrival or in advance via PayPal* (see below) or bank transfer.
Get in touch via the Contact page if you have any questions or queries. The retreats are open to all levels, even beginners, but if you have time before the start date, it’s a great idea to start going to yoga classes before you arrive so as to get the best out of your holiday. Let us know if you would like information on where to find a teacher in your area.