Please note that due to the current covid situation, all summer retreats are postponed until further notice.
1st to 5th july 2020 – winchester yoga week
Winchester is an historic and picturesque city in the South of England and was once the capital city of Wessex in olden times! It is rich in history and culture and is also the place where Rachel grew up and where her yoga story began.
This unique event will take place in various locations in and around Winchester, focusing on places with a unique local historical context, so not only will you be doing yoga daily, you will be taking classes and living the history of some of the city’s most iconic and atmospheric places. Winchester is by far one of the most popular cities to visit in the UK and the yoga event will coincide in the summer, with the world famous summer Hat Fair, 3 days of street art, music and culture.
- Daily extended yoga class from Wednesday 1st to Sunday 5th July. We will be visiting different venues around the cathedral city, all with a unique aspect and historical context.
- Included in the program (all optional but included in the price) is a guided tour around Winchester, welcome lunch at River Cottage Restaurant, a day trip with yoga in the walled victorian gardens and tour of Chawton House, home of Jane Austen, sunrise walk and practice, farewell dinner at the Ivy Restaurant
- Access to the Winchester Hat Fair – this annual international event is 3 days of street theatre, music, art and food, Winchester’s longest running festival which draws people from all over the world
Price: £495 – (Price reduced from original price, due to reduced venue costs!) The price includes:
- daily yoga sessions (around 4 hours teaching time in total),
- transport for the day trip to and from Chawton House and entry to the house tour,
- Winchester City guided tour,
- River Cottage welcome lunch,
- Ivy Restaurant farewell dinner,
- Post sunrise walk with breakfast,
- Use of equipment, refreshments.
Accommodation and other meals not included but Winchester has a huge variety of restaurants, hotels and accommodation to suit a wide variety of budgets and tastes. Visit www.booking.com or www.airbnb.com for accommodation details and https://www.visitwinchester.co.uk/listing/visit-winchester-visitor-guide/ for more details about Winchester.
Fill in the form to reserve your space by clicking on the link here. Confirmation and a request for your deposit will then be sent to you.